Friday, June 12, 2009

Comptiq Magazine & Newtype July '09

Today I purchased the July issues of Comptiq and Newtype.


I purchased Comptiq July '09 issue because it came with a Fate/Zero drama cd, but it contains several interesting bits...

CANAAN will begin on July 4th . I have very high expectation of this!

The 3rd volume of Sound Drama Fate/Zero will be released on August 28.

More screenshots from Fate/unlimited codes PORTABLE.
I will receive my 2 copies next week...

The new clothes.

Hard Gay Archer. Capeless Archer.

Ugly shirt Lancer.

Goth dress Saber Alter

CANAAN in the cover of next month's Comp Ace.
Canaan and Maria have very familiar faces in this pic...

Kizuato re-remake.
I was the 2nd entry in the Leaf Visual Novel Series, released in 1996 and remaked in 2002 with a controversial change in the character designs. This version seems to be close to the original release and includes a new character, the maid Takasago Rikka.

Dream C Club, a iM@S wannabe that I would like to buy if I had an XBox.
The XBox 360 survives in Japan thanks to this kind of games. Since the exclusivity of THE iDOLM@STER is fading away (first with THE iDOLM@STER SP for the PSP and now the recently announced THE iDOLM@STER Dearly Stars for the Nintendo DS) if this game fails with the expectation, it can be the end of the Xbox...

Love Plus, a Konami game for the NDS.
Is aspiring to be the new groundbreaking game like it was Tokimeki Memorial. If the info already released is true, it seriously have the potential to do it...

Shitajiki of Kurugaya Yuiko and Saigusa Haruka from Little Busters doing "symmetrical docking".
I must admit that I never played any of Key games besides Planetarian. Mostly because I strongly dislike the drawing style of Hinoue Itaru (and to a lesser degree, I also dislike Na-Ga's one) but also because as a Leaf fan I subconsciously feel a childish animosity against "their rivals".

Newtype July '09 issue was focused in the incomming Eva movie Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance, on theaters the 27 of this month.

Remarking that Asuka name is now Shikinami Asuka Langley, sharing the same "波" with Ayanami.

More pics.

I think this is the first time that Mari appears full body in plugsuit...

Promoting a new "Nerv phone"

An unhealthily thin Misato in the news casting service for PS3 and the new PSP game.

It included an Asuka t-shirt.
Is a cheap, Japanese sized (=small) t-shirt, and the print surely will fade after a couple of washes but hey, it was an extra in a 780 yen magazine after all.

And a cool looking poster of CANAAN.

More CANAAN.

The upcoming Umineko no Naku Koro ni anime, that will begin on July the 1st.
I'm curious on how they will resolve the meta world, the colored lines and all those "tricky" battles (Virgilia vs Beato, Rudolf vs Belphegor...). By the way, in the photo Kinzo and Gouda were killed by a flash burn...

The chapter of the somewhat new season of Suzumiya Haruhi.
I watched it and I didn't found it very interesting...I think the long wait and the viral marketing campaigns from Kadokawa killed the franchise...

K-ON! , right now the most popular anime of the late night shift.
Is the only anime that I'm following at the moment. I began watching it because I was intrigued of why Mio is so popular... Now Azusa seems to be also very popular, but I prefer Tsumugi.

4 comments:

Archerwannabe said...

"...but I prefer Tsumugi"
Oh wow
...
I´m pretty sure you a relatively alone with that.

Thanks for the nice coverage.
Haven´t really been watching many shows lately, but Canaan and Umineko are something I really look forward to.
Yeah, it´s a mystery for me how they´d do the text colour thing.
Is there any info how long will Umineko (and Canaan for that matter) be?

Soth said...

I have a soft spot for the "rich girl" type of characters, specialy when don't really act like the stereotyped "HoHoHoHoHo" spoilt brat...

I didn't realized until you mentioned it; the number of episodes of Umineko and Canaan are not mentioned anywhere. And after realizing yesterday that K-ON! will be only 12 episodes long, I wonder why are so secretive about this matter as of late...

furei kinoko said...

i prefer takane (love plus)

Soth said...

@Furei Kinoko: I didn't bought Love Plus yet (is in my wishlist), but I agree with you that, at least visually, Manaka is the prettiest.